The Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers
Supporting teachers of mathematics
The Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT) is the leading organisation representing mathematics education in Australian schools. The work of AAMT includes:
- Professional learning for teachers of mathematics
- Advancing mathematics education via collaborative research and national projects
- Running conferences and events for mathematics educators in Australia
- Providing resources for mathematics education via the AAMT web shop and Maths300
- Publishing peer reviewed journals —The Australian Mathematics Education Journal (AMEJ) and The Australian Primary Mathematics Classroom (APMC)
- Advocacy for mathematics education in Australia
- Supporting the State-based affiliated mathematics teacher associations.
AAMT 2021 Conference
The AAMT 2021 conference, Future Proofing, AAMT eCON, will host the most prominent thinkers and activators in the area of Future Proofing mathematics education. They will share progress in research, education, workplace culture, government policy, technology and classrooms. Will they provide evidence that our mathematical capacity is already future proof, that the ‘heavy lifting’ has already been done? More likely, attendees will each find their place in our Nation’s roadmap and make the connections with others, energise and set new goals. 29 –30 September, 2021.
This year, our conference is to be held as an eConference—safeguarding the event from any COVID outbreaks. It’s a different world at the moment and we are adapting. Our aim is to provide an online environment that enables choice and interactivity. Choose which sessions to attend and make use of the options for chatting with other conference delegates from around Australia and Internationally. This online event will make it far more accessible for our International colleagues—an exciting new possibility! Grab a ‘virtual’ coffee together!
We will shortly be announcing our Keynote speakers— watch this space! There are some exciting things in the pipeline…
There are still some opportunities available for presentations. Don’t hestitate—submit your offer to present as soon as possible, before May 30. Submit your offer to present here.
Register now to secure your place at Future Proofing, AAMT eCON.