The Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers
Supporting teachers of mathematics
The Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT) is the leading organisation representing mathematics education in Australian schools. The work of AAMT includes:
- Professional learning for teachers of mathematics
- Advancing mathematics education via collaborative research and national projects
- Running conferences and events for mathematics educators in Australia
- Providing resources for mathematics education via the AAMT web shop and Maths300
- Publishing peer reviewed journals —The Australian Mathematics Education Journal (AMEJ) and The Australian Primary Mathematics Classroom (APMC)
- Advocacy for mathematics education in Australia
- Supporting the State-based affiliated mathematics teacher associations.
AAMT 2021 Conference
The AAMT 2021 conference, Future Proofing aamt eCON, will host the most prominent thinkers and activators in the area of Future Proofing mathematics education. They will share progress in research, education, workplace culture, government policy, technology and classrooms. Will they provide evidence that our mathematical capacity is already future proof, that the ‘heavy lifting has already been done? More likely, attendees will each find their place in our Nation’s roadmap and make the connections with others, energise and set new goals. 29 – 30 September.