Why would I want to become a reSolve Champion?
A major factor for most people will be the opportunity to undertake a high quality, sustained professional learning program that will hit many of the ‘hot topics’ in teaching mathematics with research-based strategies and approaches that work in the classrooms. Beyond that, the motivating factors will be different for different people, and might include:
- being at the forefront of a major new national initiative;
- contributing to the school’s efforts to improve student achievement and attitudes in mathematics;
- networking and learning with like-minded, committed teachers of mathematics;
- access to new and exciting classroom materials;
- skills and experience leading professional learning with colleagues;
- generating evidence of achievement against the higher levels of professional standards for teachers;
- greater confidence as a teacher and/or leader in mathematics.
And there are likely to be many more.
[ Back to FAQ ]